Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: Taken by Him


Taken by Him
Taken by Him by Red Garnier

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I got this book via NetGalley.

This book was quite a fun, short and hot read for me. I did not really expect anything much based on the length of the story. I always had problem with shorter books but this one turned out to be a perfect length.

Luke Preston, a billionaire and an underwear model, was shot by a mysterious man and after survived the incident miraculously decided it was time for vacation, which he supposed to lay low until everything calm down. It was not easy for a playboy who got every women he wanted to suddenly had to become celibate. And when meeting Peyton Lane, a straitlaced businesswoman who wanted to let go during the vacation, spark fly.

The story was working for me because of a shorter length format since there was noting much to the plot. Only two people met at the vacation resort and fell in lust at first sight. But the pace of the story and the character somehow made me believe in the happily ever after of the hero and heroine. I felt that Payton became the "ITS" girl for Luke despite his promiscuous way in the past and could see that he would spend the rest of his life with her.

However, it was not a deeper read. As mentioned above, it was fun.



View all my reviews

No comments: